3D Footwear Rendering

Jboogie941:

Time depens on the complexity and the user. In my work are two different users, footwear designers and 3d artists.

When the user is a shoe designer, they are creating and designing, they are doing tests, taking decisions, is a very creative process. And sometimes is faster than anothers.
If the model has to do a 3D designer for a footwear designer (because some footwear designers don´t want to use the 3d platform), modeling is faster, but there are a lot of interpretations, iterations, and often have to repeat the pattern until the designer approves. The whole process is slower.

For example, these are the times in my case, I´m not a footwear designer, I´m a 3d artist working with footwear designers, and the goal of this project is reproduce an existing models, and it is easier than create 3d models from sketches done by others…

• Airwalk 600 F: I did the 3d modeling and texturing in 3,5 hours
  • Nike Airmax : 2,5 hours 3d modeling and texturing
  • Vans Filson: 2 hours 3d modeling and texturing
  • Zara Basic Test: 1 hour 3d modeling and texturing

Each 3d image, in my computer, needs 45 minutes of rendering. In a renderfarm, 3 minutes each image.

KenoLeon:

• Yes, you can create a flat pattern from a scanned last. This is the most powerful tool in this 3d application, and it´s very accurate.
  • Yes, you can send the pattern to a digital cutter. You have a 2d space where you can create all the pieces and all the pattern work.
  • Price depends in the package that you need. For more info, you can ask here: http://www.red21.es

I hope I’ve answered all your questions.

thanks!!