Thinking of getting a new ride

Now I drive like his on the way to work :slight_smile:

https://www.facebook.com/252175018129981/videos/1084991804848294/

Thanks - yup F111. I live right by the old Grumman plant so there’s a lot of random aircraft floating around here.

These days “Small” Car is pretty relative. The A3/2 series is about as big as the old A4/3 series, but it’s about as good as we can do these days.

My back seat is more of a parcel shelf then something fit for humans.

I’ve been finding myself oddly attacted to the Nissan Micra and Mazda 2. I think the Micra is second lightest car available in Canada.

You can also buy the race version of the Micra from Nissan and race at the Grand Prix! Looked like tons of fun.

The new Miata looks phenomenal for anyone who really wants a light car. I’d be interested to see if I’d fit in one though. @ 6’4 I tried driving my sisters Miata for a few weeks and I had to compress my spine to fit into the car, and could barely see street lights when the top was up.

The idea of a smaller ride appeals!

Now back after nearly 3 years of hibernation, due to “other things”.

It was almost shocking to be back into something so nimble and swift.
In comparison to todays pocket rockets it can feel a little underpowered, though.

Perhaps I should get a 60ies sports saloon next to it for some calibration.

mo-i

1 Like

Yours is the Z, right? not the e30?

R

Of course it is the 320i !

Nice. Totally thought you had a Z a while back. Maybe it was someone else here, or were you taking care of one?

R

mo-i, you used to have a z4 coupe right, first gen? I still would like to own one of those some day.

Love the 320i. I wish a few had survived the rust apocalypse and wannabe Jacques Villeneuves of Montreal:(

Well, correct I had a Z4 Coupe as a long term loaner from my brother in law a while back. But the e30 has
been to this board before, also. Technically I don’t own a car for years now, since the Audi is a company car
and the papers of the E30 are signed in my wifes name, even If I became the sole caretaker and main driver for nearly
the last decade.

Yo,congrats, great color on the A3.

Are these fotos realistic or did you play with some kind of filter? The blue is supernatural.

mo-i

The E30 is a great car. I love the simplicity of it and the size.

The blue is really vibrant. It is called Seapang Blue. Not quiet as bright as their classic Nagaro Blue which was on the original S4 (and you can special order that Negaro Blue for a small fortune) but it is still really nice. I’ve never had a car that want a neutral color before. I’ve had black, silver, grey, then white. I like having the bright color.

e30 is a great car. I learned to drive on one and then had as my first car my dad’s hand me down 1984 318i. I drove it into the ground through university… RIP.

Small, quick, agile and a simple design elegance that is neither overly aggressive or over styled. It’s what I wish more cars were like now.

R

Trying to find a decent E30 these days is impossible if you aren’t willing to give up your first born. It makes a great racing platform too so any bodies without rust get scooped up very quickly.

Well, to all the demons out there:

As I am not willing to make that sacriface I ll happily live with some rust in edges of the underbody of the E30.
Thanks.

mo-i

Had a funny deja-vu feeling, finally remembered why:

http://dev.core77.discourse.group/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24141#p170617

Made me miss my old blue A3 too… :cry:

1 Like

nice shot!

Over 6 months in and I feel like I made the right choice. Loving this little car.