Shoes for walking and running

I’m a runner (about 60km/week) and a shoe designer (including designing running shoes). I’m highly skeptical these would be good for running. I’d expect a higher rate of injury and discomfort as you are trying to mechanically prevent the foot and body from doing what it is supposed to do in terms of absorbing shock, providing motion control, rebound, etc.

Your outsoles also don’t look like they have any toe spring (where the toe area is off the ground) so would likely catch on the pavement and send you face first into the ground, especially being so off balance up so high.

Frankly these look really dangerous.

While I may be a bit biased as I typically run and design more minimal/natural shoes (but also have ran and designed traditional running shoes), I think the best shoe is as little shoe as possible, and one that lets your body feel the ground, provide priopreception and control.

Efficiency when running is less about adding bounce than good cadence (should be about 180 steps/min) and gait (ground contact should be in the middle of the foot, not the heel). Here’s an article on that - http://running.competitor.com/2014/07/training/make-a-high-stride-rate-work-for-you_54957

As for aesthetics, not much to comment on as you took an existing design and elevated it, but I can’t see anyone really wanting to wear these.

R