Portfolio Review

Apologies Bengt, it wasn’t meant as a jab at your current employer but more so an example of dealing with recruiters. As I’m not directly dealing with the employer it is left down to a third party to keep up communication and all the usual chasing up/thank you’s get cut. Also when I spoke with the Ireland office my portfolio was in a bit of a sorry state so it wasn’t surprising!

I also agree with Nick though and must admit presentations mixed with talking about myself is one of my weaknesses. Even during crits in school I dreaded my turn to show this weeks work to my tutor and a small group of peers. It’d be more of a “well I did this, and looked in to that but what do you think, is it any good?” rather than being more confident and saying “I went down this path, which took me to here and this is where I’m currently going”

I’ll look in to some sort of interview technique professional, I’ve been meaning to take an improv class too in order to enhance my public speaking but unfortunately its the chicken and the egg situation - I need a job to pay for this stuff but without it I can’t get the job!