Portfolio Review

Here is my portfolio in it’s most current and up to date formate. Please let me know if theres a better way to showcase it on the forum without these links:

So over the last 9-10 months I think I have been on about 10+ interviews and not had a single offer. The companies have varied in size from small 5 people outfits to large companies, from consultancies to in-house.

I’m at a point where I really don’t know what it is about me that isn’t winning these people over. There have been a few of the smaller places that have backtracked and found that the workload has slowed down and no longer need the hire. However, across the board the rejection emails are usually the same. I’m generally being applauded on my digital approach/cover letter, my portfolio is appearing strong enough to get me an invite but in the end I’m faced with a “your experience does not fit our current needs” - for which I never get a response when I ask for an explanation.

This leaves me a little baffled as they can see my resume and body of work before they even respond so I’m not sure what it is that I’m falling short on in the interviews. I take with me physical printouts of my book and don’t rely on showing it on my laptop/an iPad, I bring with me a couple of 3D prints to talk through and showcase, I smile, I dress appropriately in a nice button down with black slacks and some nice shoes (not sneakers) and finally I believe I answer their questions appropriately whilst showing a bit of personality.

I know I am not the most charismatic of guys and wouldn’t be one to instantly warm a room, I can be best described as a slow burner. However, it’s getting to a point where I can’t keep traveling out of town to these places out of my own pocket so am looking to the boards to see if there is anything I could do to enhance my chances?

Is there more that I could be adding to my portfolio, is doing another internship somewhere going to give me that extra experience, any tips on what you judge someone on in an interview? All this would be a huge help!