Affordable Design

That was my thinking when I purchased those pieces that got this thread going again. Although the design is great and is sort after, I just couldn’t swallow the price tag that came with them given how easy it is to obtain something that looks exactly the same for far less.

To add to that though, I recently purchased a legit “Trash” by Jasper Morrison which was £40 and although still pricey for a desk trashcan I’m ok with it as I know not many people will have one and the designer is still alive, creating great work.

I’m also looking in to a few other pieces that I’m ok with paying full retail for such as the M.Lamp by David Irwin and the Tab Lamp by Barber Osgerby. There is also a really nice set by Naoto Fukasawa for Muji of a toaster, blender, kettle and rice cooker (won’t get that) that I am also looking at. They’re all nicely designed objects, which still have a bit of uniqueness about them, where as I know plenty of homes that will have Eames chairs, essentially making the room look like an expensive version of an IKEA catalogue.
31320530.jpg