Aaron Powers Portfolio Thread

Here’s some of my thoughts looking at my portfolio:

Marching Band Shoe:

I think this has good potential at reworking. I plan to spend a weekend or two taking the knowledge I have now and flushing out a better solution.

Search and Rescue Boot:

I really don’t like this project, being that it was only a week long with really tight deadlines lead me to some really bad design decisions. My first instinct is to scrap this project.

Oil-Rigging Boot:

Same with the marching band shoe, I think the story can be strong, but currently not executed very well, this is my last priority and I think will be taken out of my current portfolio

Amazon Driver:

Really struggling with presenting this concept, the idea is to rethink the way people grocery shop and use convenience stores. Heres some more info:

• For the year 2025, I conceptualized a scenario with autonomous vehicles and city environments

• Specifically, I found that grocery shopping in cities is overcrowded, and that there’s a more enjoyable and efficient way to go about it

• My idea is that Amazon would create a brick-and-mortar terminal and run a prime car service

• With the reduction of people owning cars in the future, I conceptualized a scenario where people will travel in shared vehicles, that focus on carrying people, not cargo, which is where Amazon would have it’s own cargo vehicle. The main critique I get around here is why doesn’t this car just go around delivering items without people using it? Maybe I’m making a huge mistake here, but I personally believe that if everything were to become delivery without any inconvenience, it would create more societal harm than good.

Which is why I created a scenario of someone ordering groceries from work, being picked up by their amazon service, taken to the terminal, and then home. By shortening the amount of time and making it easier to do, the service could drastically change the way we binge shop (largely because people don’t want to return to the store anytime soon).

Like I said, I’m really struggling here.

Google Cadence:

I’ve been working a lot on this project. I think I’m somewhat close, however the mockup page needs work, and some final beautiful product shots are needed which means refining the aesthetic, specifically on the guitar.

There’s a lot of work to be done, and any feedback is appreciated! Please tear into my work, I’m really unsure if I’m on the right track going forward, but I’m determined to keep improving.

Thanks,
Aaron