Aaron Powers Portfolio Thread

Hey Aaron,

I think both the long-term projects and short term projects show a nice skill set. I would say put some extra thought into the presentation of your 15-week projects as they are significantly more complex would be the most bang for your buck because people can get really invested in the thinking behind the design solution. Particularly because behance has interface constraints (size of picture you can zoom into, etc) it can be hard to highlight complexity of through through the online format.

A few overall things:

• (For all the projects) Concentrate on more of a balance between ‘ideation’ pages (ones with lots of little sketches to show brainstorming) and product pages (one fully realized solution…on its own page…with is own captions or pull outs). As dumb as it sounds, I find myself wishing for at least one or two full-page renderings of the product solution per project so that I can really see what you decided to do and how it narrowed from the mass of ideas you had.

• (Music edu) Its great that you put out specific requirements / constraints at the beginning - find a way to show that you fulfilled them in the end. Highlighting features is necessary but I want to know why that specific feature solves the problem. Particularly in the instrument project I want to see how the final product is ‘intuitive, adaptive, relevant’ etc - not just that it implies those via these features.

• (Music Edu) I think there might be an element of ‘teaching’ left out of the education project. Maybe adding a slide or two about how these would fit into a curriculum, or be used the same way / differently than other instruments would make the concept that more believable.

• (For all the projects) Mockups are always mega-awesome, even if it only goes as far as material samples - it helps us make the leap that it could be real.

Awesome work! Thanks for sharing and good luck.