Affordable Design

This is pretty much the reason why I bumped this thread and posted about my recent purchases. The truth of the matter is I’m just not in the financial situation to afford the real McCoy, yet I love the aesthetic/design so to me they are of value. If I do get a compliment about them from a friend then I’d gladly admit they were knockoffs, but their authenticity doesn’t detract from how they visually add to how I’d like my home to be decorated.

Also, I’ve been pretty nomadic so far in life and it currently doesn’t make sense to me to invest too much in to ‘possessions’. I’ve moved across the world and back once, will more than likely be moving again so a £30 replica Eames chair isn’t going to kill me to let go, just as long as it serves its purpose whilst I have it.

Anyway, it would be great to hear more stories of people finding gems. Unfortunately in the UK the only place I could think to actively look for things would be in some of the London street markets, but those guys will be clued up on the value of items so doubt I could pick up something great for less than £5…