Affordable Design

The chair I 100% agree with but given that I am of the “instant gratification” generation I’m pleased with the purchase and will fully get my £30 out of it. The alternative was an IKEA chair as this was an item I needed there and then, not something I could shop around for even though I do intend going forward to try and find those gems.

The lamp however you genuinely cannot tell the difference and to be honest I don’t think I could justify the expense for a desk lamp of this nature. I’m sure it will last for a number of years as well, just as long as the electrics don’t fry out but I am sure the ‘guts’ are no different than a legitimate version and probably safer than an old original. Again, it was something I knew that would look great but isn’t hitting my wallet.

Maybe saying it was a saving was wrong, but to the point of the original post and to the many young designers/people such as myself there are ways to get that ‘look’ without a) breaking the bank b) trying to strike lucky on eBay/a market/side of the road. To your point as well they do mean something to me and in all honesty I didn’t buy them as a monetary investment, more an investment in myself/my eyes.