Thinking of getting a new ride....rkuchinsky edition

Cool. Nice to see it worked out that well!

Awesome canson rendering!!

Euro lights and vintage ADAC grille badge fitted. Excuse the dirty car. Rainy here every day as of late.

R

Olive is such a great color in autum. Perfect ride!

Hijack:

Braq is awesome. Love that my winter car (e28) is also a Braq ride, though 20 years later, shares some elements.

FYI, the designer I bought the Benz from is now on a hunt for a new vintage ride and started a blog on it, with descriptions and sketches of all cars he is looking at. Thought might be interesting even if a bit OT.

sample

R

I dunno, I think once he learns how to convey what he’s seeing he might have a career in design… … . :sunglasses:

Super cool!

Love the blog. I love the look of the Brit cars, but get a Fiat/Alfa or a 914 and be done with it.

That’s a great blog, love how much attention he pays to details. Added to my blog list and shared with friends :smiley: I have a friend who is now on the search of a late first gen SLK, he’s gonna love this blog.

@Kuchinsky: This man was an architect or a designer? I remember you mentioned it, but I’m not sure at the moment.

Looks like he made it to the front of Autoblog.

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. I let him know if he didn’t know already.

R

I know this goes way back to the beginning of this thread, but I’m sure most of you will agree with this.

My wife really wanted to get an old Benz after her last lease was up but I talked her out of it (mainly because I wanted her to get a truck so I didn’t have to).

Maybe I should have let her…though finding rust free examples of cars like that in the northeast is tough these days.

Damn the tin worm. My brother had a '78 Mercedes coupe when I was in high school ('96 ish). I wanted to buy it, but it had a bum head gasket. He sold it off. Incredible drive. :~(

Thanks, Chris. Good post. Damn straight.

R

This 250C is just beautiful.

Nice. Not as nice as a Pagoda, but nice. I usually don’t like the W114 coupes, but that is a nice color and the fog lamps look good. He says it’s an Euro model though, but has US headlights. Would look much better with the one piece glass Euro lamps.

Video makes me wish it wasn’t winter here and I could take my car out of a storage for a drive…

R

Video makes me wish it wasn’t winter here and I could take my car out of a storage for a drive…

Say wha. . . .?!?! You mean you’re keeping a hangar queen? Drive that thing R!

It’s just too nice. I couldn’t bring myself to getting her salty. Not to mention I don’t think it would be that great in the snow. Big, heavy, no power steering and 4speed manual …87 e28 BMW is the winter ride. Figure what it’s worth Id rather save the value of the Benz by keeping the Benz clean. My previous 69 Benz I drove in the winter but regretted it. And regretted selling it. Though that one was not quite as clean. Won’t make same mistake twice.

R