Smartwatch Project Feedback

Hey Jase,

I like the product layout, it’s a fresh take and I like the fact it’s a little more stealth and hidden. The only thing I worry about is what happens to the screen while I’m using my mouse and my wrist is rubbing all over the table surface?

As far as getting more realism in your renders I would suggest getting really nit picky about some of those small details that make things look real. Right now your stitches look like flat surface decals. Also the scaling of them looks off. If you looked at real stitching in leather, it’s essentially a pipe that is weaving in and out of holes. So if you model some of those nuanced details from the get go you could save hours of post production work trying to fake it.

I modeled up a quick example to show you what I mean. Granted this isn’t perfect (I think I made my stitching too big, and it should probably be a little more recessed :slight_smile: ) but it gets the point across of what adding some extra detailing can do. It might take an extra 5-10 minutes in CAD but if you’re going to end up with 10-15 final renders that’s a lot of time saved in Photoshop post.