What cell phone do you own?

Just made the jump from 7 years with an iPhone to a Nexus 6…we will see how the shock to my OSX ecosystem goes.

Blackberry Z10. Had it for a while and works perfect.

I thought about making the switch to a Nexus or a Moto but I ended up sticking with an iPhone 6 about a month ago. It is super nice. I got a nexus tablet and I just can’t seem to get the hang of it.

Picked up S5. Not bad. Upgrade from malfunctioning, but now dead, S3.

Phone’s hardware capabilities and AT&T upgrade price won out over lack luster body and AT&T’s anti phone OS customization moves.

Bought an inexpensive but nice case to get around body.

Grew up Android, but this version of KitKat is throwing me a bit. Not exactly sure what it is… might be something with what feels like inconsistent menus and their layout, in the built-in apps. Or some how the layout and how the menus and apps appear/change from one another, is tapping into the dyslexic, learning disability, part of my brain as I find myself hitting the wrong buttons and/or being a bit hesitant moving through the options. This wasn’t an issue previously or with other software.

After this round of phone and carrier research find myself that much more interested in staying on top of the latest and greatest in phones and what the carriers are up as the recent moves to lock down phones very much rubs me the wrong way. I’m not a hardcore phone hacker, nor want to nefarious things with my phone, but I believe in the “if I bought it, it’s mine to do with”. In many aspects it’s the simple “I can’t delete AT&T maps app from my phone?” - WTF. If before the next 2 yrs. is up, if I find the right phone/carrier combination I may pay the $$$$ to switch. Inadvertent rant off.

Samsung Galaxy Mega
5.8 and 6.3 inch side by side
I own the massive 6.3

Specs:
5.8 inch qHD 960×540 TFT screen vs 6.3 inch Superclear LCD 1280×720 HD screen
8 GB internal memory on the 5.8 vs 16 GB on the 6.3
9mm, 182g (5.:sunglasses: vs 8mm, 199g (6.3)
Dual SIM (5.:sunglasses: vs Single SIM (6.3)
8 camera modes (5.:sunglasses: vs 10 camera modes (6.3)
1.4 GHz Broadcom SoC (5.:sunglasses: vs 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC
2600 mAH battery (5.:sunglasses: vs 3200 mAH battery (6.3)
AirView, IR LED and NFC present on the 6.3 inch version while it is missing on the 5.8 inch version

Pros:
Fairly cheap for a no contract phone.
Nice feel for a bigger handed person. I personally think cellular size went to small for a number of years.
It will definitely eliminate the need for squinting at small screens.
Huge crystal clear viewing for internet browsing and surprisingly clear photos.
Pretty fast 4gLTE connection as well. I use Metro PCS. 60$ unlimited everything plus insurance.
I’m huge video game fan, so it is excellent for phone games such as Clash of Clans or Candy Crush etc.

Cons:
This will get heavy when you add the hard case. Ive already broken one trying to use it without the case.
If your a pocket in the phone type of guy, you better rock some fairly loose pants.

Conclusion:
I am okay with it over all. I would rather have a slightly smaller phone. I think the 5.8 Mega or Galaxy S5 would be ideal.

So I’m stuck between Iphone6 on Sprint for very cheap (via fam plan), staying with At&T unlimited $85/mo, or copping the Nexus or moto X and rocking out in the free world (other carriers). How is Sprint in cities? Can PCS BS work internationally?

I have people who swear by Sprint and other people who have to have land lines specifically because Sprint doesn’t work in their homes (which seems to make the value moot).

Almost all phones now are world phones though, so it’s not like the old days where you couldn’t travel with a CDMA phone. But the bigger issue is that if you get a carrier locked phone then you will not be able to put a new SIM card in it once you leave the country. I keep an old unlocked iphone around for when I travel internationally.

Sprint is the worst. Dropped calls constantly, and our corporate account was hacked recently. Someone bought 20 iphone 6 pluses to the tune of $10K. Shut down our entire account for use over the thanksgiving weekend. Super fun.

I was recently on Sprint and it was bad. Dropped calls, and the ‘4g’ was useless. I always ran speedtest, and would have roughly 100-400 kb download speeds. Granted, it will work better in larger cities, but unless you are right on top of a tower, it was bad.

Decided to suck it up and switched to Verizon. Now running an HTC one M8. Design and build is very good. All metal casing gives it a good solid feel unlike my wifes Galaxy S5. I just wish the camera was a bit better on it. Still not bad, but it does lack compared to the galaxy

I updated from a Galaxy S2 to a Moto G (1st gen 4G model) a few months back.
Prior, I was looking at flagships almost exclusively, but then started thinking critically. Do I really want to pay 600-700$ for a phone? Yes, I do occasionally browse the web, check mails etc. but the Moto G handles these easily and it’s 200$. Very good value. Sprayproofing is a bonus. Camera is shit, but I use a compact for taking photos.
For me it’s all about value. Also I don’t like big phones.

Moto G rocks. I’ve owned mine for almost a year, thinking about upgrading to the 2nd gen. Moto G although I’d have to switch carriers since the new one is only available in GSM.

Just don’t drop it. =) Can’t beat the polycarbonate unibody of the Lumias–a material actually fits the use case!

+1 on the shout out to Lumia unibody construction, I’ve dropped my Lumia so many times I’ve lost count. My older Lumia was a matte finish grey but my latest is a polished white and I like it much better, grease & grime don’t stick to it and it has that “makes me cooler” look. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is the future for us Lumia fans. It’s amazing how much difference a logo makes:/

Although the full logo/wordmark is not quite as nice, I think that is more the Halloween contrast instead of the logo Ray. They just need to make it grape-fruity again like Nokia has been doing. Voila:

Picked up an iPhone 6 a few weeks ago. Love it. I’m intrigued by Windows 10 though…

Just got me the samsung Alpha “samsung s6” “iphone 5 killer” and am loving it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=samsung+alpha&biw=1920&bih=979&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=98vDVI6dKMHAggTvioSoCg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoBA

I have Samsung galaxy phone from one year. And this is nice phone about all angle.

I ve got a
iPhone 6 and
i’m really happy!

The choices for no-contract phones have been getting really good lately;

Kyocera Hydro Wave ($39-$149):

• waterproof.
  • 5-inch display, unfortunately resolution is only qHD (960 X 540, 220 ppi pixel density)
  • 5MP rear-facing camera, 2MP front-facing

Microsoft Lumia 640 ($39 -$79):

• 5-inch display, 720p resolution (1280 X 720, 294 ppi pixel density)
  • 8MP rear-facing camera, 1MP front-facing
  • NFC support
  • XL version (5.7-inch screen size) available for $250.
  • unfortunately it only runs Windows. :cry:

2015 Motorola Moto G ($179):

• waterproof
  • 5-inch display (720p resolution, 1280 X 720, 294 ppi pixel density)
  • 13MP rear-facing camera, 5MP front-facing
  • front-facing speakers (why don’t more companies make them like that?!)
  • I want me one of them!