Portfolio Review

No bad at all, Dave.
Renders and products look really nice but it feels as if you are leaning to heavily on Quirky work. I agree with Eman, the portfolio lacks a little bit of diversity.

In terms of the model making, I’d agree with you. I would definitely call those models and think they fit the category of model making.
It is just a very specific medium. If you have a dedicated section for model making, maybe it would help to include other media as well such as foam.

I would rather question to have a specific model making section at all. I can tell you spent a lot of time perfecting this skill but I am not sure if it actually is that interesting.
Those are not your designs are far as I can tell and they don’t really show any development. Basically they just seem like props for more realistic renderings.
This is fine and certainly useful but to me it would make more sense to see this skill applied in in your projects.
Were you applying for a model maker position, then definitely a specific section would make sense.

I am not a huge fan of your “block model” renders. It looks a little like you are trying to make them look like physical models but clearly they are not. I don’t really get why you rendered them onto a shop table.

But overall, I really like your work. I just would love to see more diversity and it all presented in a portfolio context instead of individual projects on Behance.