Portfolio Review

The projects you show on your portfolio are well documented and presented efficiently. Nothing I would really change on them.

One thing though that you could benefit from would be changing the scale/scope of projects a bit. They’re all small household goods, going through a very similar process. Would be nice to show a differnet type of project. Larger scale medical? Sporting goods, small wearables? If your going after a consultancy you might be jumping between all these categories. I know this comes with time and experience, but maybe next personal project try and do something in a different category.

Also presentation wise, can there be a more sketch heavy project; a project that has emphasis on the CAD development (draft, reveals, bosses, pcb/components clearance, etc); one project thats all about money shots and Editorial style renderings; or maybe one thats all about materials explorations, etc. Show that you can take whatever style of problem and work through it. Sure all projects hit on these parts, but each project should showcase one of these skills. Its better to be a master of something than a jack of all trades, especially in presentations.

Finally, try and figure out a way to add a bit of personality into your portfolio/website. Once the work is good, the next question is “Is this person a good fit, Are they going to be fun having around for the next couple of years.” Presentation style, selection of work, showcasing hobbies/interest. All this factors in as well. I didn’t see your PDF, but people often neglect this part.

A few questions to always ask yourself when building a page/portfolio project. “If I wasn’t here to explain anything, what would the viewer thing I’m trying to say on this page”

"After I leave how will I be remembered. “Ohh thats the guy who had XYZ in his portfolio” "