What cell phone do you own?

Picked up S5. Not bad. Upgrade from malfunctioning, but now dead, S3.

Phone’s hardware capabilities and AT&T upgrade price won out over lack luster body and AT&T’s anti phone OS customization moves.

Bought an inexpensive but nice case to get around body.

Grew up Android, but this version of KitKat is throwing me a bit. Not exactly sure what it is… might be something with what feels like inconsistent menus and their layout, in the built-in apps. Or some how the layout and how the menus and apps appear/change from one another, is tapping into the dyslexic, learning disability, part of my brain as I find myself hitting the wrong buttons and/or being a bit hesitant moving through the options. This wasn’t an issue previously or with other software.

After this round of phone and carrier research find myself that much more interested in staying on top of the latest and greatest in phones and what the carriers are up as the recent moves to lock down phones very much rubs me the wrong way. I’m not a hardcore phone hacker, nor want to nefarious things with my phone, but I believe in the “if I bought it, it’s mine to do with”. In many aspects it’s the simple “I can’t delete AT&T maps app from my phone?” - WTF. If before the next 2 yrs. is up, if I find the right phone/carrier combination I may pay the $$$$ to switch. Inadvertent rant off.