What do you know about web hosting?

Depends on what exactly you want. Just Hosting or a more all inclusive solution?

Godaddy is probably best suited as a domain registrar. Although I use Namecheap instead (less clutter and there CEO isnt a DB).
GoDaddy does offer Hosting, but prob can get better deals else where.

I host my site (and a few others) at StableHost, but BluHost like Mike mentioned is another good one.) This is no frills hosting, file storage and some management tools, all you really need.

Now comes where things split. If your using your own host you need to make a site, usually using a template. With your own hosting. Wordpress is your best bet. Fairly easy to set up and lots of tutorials and themes out there. Buy/Download one, set it up and your good to go. (Creative Themes for WordPress | ThemeForest)

After the initial cost, this is probably your cheapest maintaining plan (only pay for hosting/domain -20-30 bucks a year). And you can have multiple sites. And if you decide to radically changes your format, its pretty easy to just find a new Wordpress theme. Downside: A little more involved with initial set up.

Then theres all in one solutions. Square space and BehanceProsite. Very easy to set up, bullet proof code and support. A bit pricey, but it’s sorta set it and forget it. If theres new backend code that needs to be installed, they do it.
It is limited in themes, and you don’t get a true file host. (example: I can upload 10gbs of random files to my server and its fine)

I recently switched from the Host/Wordpress combo to Squarespace for my personal site. Mainly because I was tired of tweaking my template code to be responsive to every new device that came out. In college I had time to edit my CSS and make subtle tweaks to my site. Now Squarespace takes away all the headache of debugging a site and code. But it does come with a steeper yearly price. But its simple and I don’t want to spend time worrying about it.