2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Like many cars on the street today, I think it would be very difficult to identify this as a Mazda, let alone the Miata if you removed the badges.

Hi,

Mazda’s had a long time to think about the next generation.
It’s stunning how it would seem that some uncomplicated sports cars maker instead of a real auto make.

What’s up with Duran Duran at the end of the presentation? #fail

U2 was already booked…

im not crazy for it but as Yo said, need to see it in person. I was really anxious to see this car.
the rear end lights look like and angry robot and also a lesser version of the new Jag F-type rear end design to me.

Also, Why does the miata always sit on an island as far as design language at mazda? this car looks nothing like the other cars in the line currently, maybe a tiny bit in the front grille opening but thats it… i think the other cars in the line currently have much better language and more unique. i think the 3 and 6 sedan are better designed than this for what they are.

im sure performance will be amazing as always from the miata. but also agree with what was said previously if you took the badges off it wouldn’t resonate as Mazda to me. this type of car has the possibility to look STUNNING as many of the other cars posted in this thread, this does not look stunning to me, nor does it really grab me in a positive or negative way, but same could be said of past miata designs in my opinion.

Doesn’t feel very Mazda-ey. Mazda has lots of connected contours, this is very BR-Z disjointed and conflicting surfacing. They could have made it more masculine without being too generic or crease happy, IMO.

The overall stance is interesting.

I find it hard to complain about the surfacing - in this day and age it’s extremely restrained when this is what the rest of the Japanese are going for:

ahhhhggggh, my eyes! :wink:

ahhhhggggh, my eyes! > :wink:

This’ll make it all better yo…

Ahh, that makes it all better. Thanks, Lew!

Did you see the concepts they did for SEMA?

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 4.35.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 4.34.52 PM.png

jaw drops

Almost wish I didn’t just have a second kid. Almost.

Oh, now we’re talking. That drop top is incredible.

Well, they did not deliver on the Alfa, but on something else:

Is it wrong to like this?

I know this is a japanese Beauty faking the former sinfull latina look of her grandmother, but I like her better than her angry faced sister.

Waiting with anticipation for a demonstrator. The Mustang that I rented in April was a lot better than expected und just the right size for
me. I am keen to see where this new generation of Fiat Spider sits compared to that.

But like any Mx5 it needs a drop and a little fatter rims.

mo-i

In other pictures, it looks too Chrysler Crossfire-ish for me. I’ll put my money on the Miata. Love the original 124 though. That was the first car that I really wanted. If I could find a clean one in Canada today, I would probably do something stupid.

I’ve started thinking of a Mustang of Camaro convertible with the kids. I don’t know though:/

The current Mustang is not a real 4 Seater if dad is 190cm (6.25feet). But an excuse is provide for what could otherwise become a dealbreaker.

I would want to inspect that Fiat Spider in person really soon. The italian engine (note) could be an advantage as well. The Miata does nothing for me. The new one looks like an angry little bug to me every time I pass the dealership in town. An opportunity wasted.

mo-i

That’s very interesting, I didn’t love it in black but when I scrolled down and saw the blue + brown it feels pretty slick. It reminds me a lot of the old 240Z from the front.

Would be interesting to see if it ends up being more or less expensive for the Fiat.

Looks a little more detailed and “european” in white?

Fiat looks more like a Mazda. Mazda looks like a Honda S2000. Neither do much for me. I hate the aggressive everything. Saw an old Datsun 240Z the other day. That’s what we should be making cars like again.

R