3 final year project ideas. Which one should I choose?

USB: There’s not enough meat here for a final year project. It might be interesting if you examined how physical memory storage can remain relevant with the advent in popularity of cloud storage and how that solution might manifest itself in a physical product.

Printer: Most of the points here don’t really catch my attention, but there is something about the open source cartridge idea that seems compelling. Perhaps it might be less of a focus of the printer experience itself, but coming up with a disruptive product+system model that would be able to shift the status quo away from what it is now.

Alarm Clock: Sounds interesting, although like a previous poster mentioned, I would expect the final outcome to have some serious scientific backing (i.e. support from a local university etc) rather than first-hand or second-hand accounts.

A final year project isn’t just another one to get out of the way; it has to serve as a good calling card for who you are as a designer, your interests and your talents. I should be able to look at your final outcome and be able to get a good sense of what kind of work you want to be doing (manufacturing oriented? systems design? strategy work?)