Furniture Inspired Footwear - ON GOING PROJECT

So I spent the majority of these past few days, just doodling in my sketchbook trying to play around with a main ideas.
Put together a few directions. Most of these concepts are based around a rigid support structure enclosing a softer core.

1. Wrapped Sandle
Thought this was an interesting idea. Could we use a single piece of leather or even ply to create the main base for a shoe?
Cut, bend, straps. Done. There is room here to develop it further, with a plus nice leather insole and rubber out sole. Although not sure I’d want to complicate it.

2. Rigid Bootie
When sketching the last concept, I thought it would be cool to get away from sneaker executions and see if I could use the idea of panels to support the foot, to do something a bit different. There’s a lot of opportunity here as well, just need to flush out the aesthetic more. These panels would hug the heel and the top of the foot, essentially forming a more rigid bootie construction. Kept thinking about how ski-boots and motocross boots, sorta lock you in.

3. 3D Printed Rigidity

From the last concept sorta transitioned into this idea of using 3D printing to provide structural support to a softer interior of the shoe. Would the current trendy faceted 3D printed skeletonized panels work? Would it be too futuristic in aesthetic, Kinda went back to the idea of the kerf-ed wood. Would that principle applied to 3D printed parts allot for a bit more flexibility? How does that aesthetic, blend with the soft curves of the Eames lounge?

4. Wooden outsole
Y’all have already seen this, but just wanted to put it together with the other concepts. A take of the previous idea, using molded ply to create the midsole/outsole of shoe. Or in place of what would normally be a rigid plastic part.

Going to continue exploring a bit, but wanted to get this up and see what the initial thoughts are. I really like concept 1 and may spend a bit of time seeing if I can refine it a bit later tonight.

Side note, the tiny doodles are my actual level of ideation sketches, the larger ones are sketchbook pro and are overlayed at least once. Just a heads up in case any one was wondering what my thinking sketches look like. They’re not glamorous, but they work for me. All done with a Hi-Tech C 0.5mm