Furniture Inspired Footwear - ON GOING PROJECT

I’ve been watching from the sidelines on this one, trying to figure it out a bit… I’m currently working in furniture (currently sitting in a DCM even) and have always dug shoes and love your first post in this thread… but

It feels to me like you are trying really hard to put wood on some shoes, and most of the applications seem to be in a mostly decorative manor. The Eameses molded plywood because it was the right material and process for what they were trying to solve, they explored it deeply and pushed the material and processes around it. They experimented and innovated in other materials too, they weren’t about wood, but the right material and process. Fundamentally I am failing to see where and how any of these ideas are a good application for wood… to that point I think Flyknits are a great example of how the Eames may have used materials and process understanding to solve problems in footwear, this just feels real flat to me right now, I’ve seen you on here for years now, you can do better. If it’s a styling exercise around wood or similar, that’s okay too, but doesn’t seem to address your initial thoughts. Be honest with where you’re headed and execute accordingly.

best
r*

ps
I also get that this is you bearing your process in public for the world to see and appreciate that.