Furniture Inspired Footwear - ON GOING PROJECT

I definitely agree with R and others about steering this away from the Roshe platform. Especially since the Roshe Metrics already exists you’re not going to impress many industry people by just doing a slightly cooler version in wood.

I feel strongly that you should totally build this. In fact I think you almost have to in order for it to be cool .

You said at the beginning of the project that hot renders of crazy concepts are a dime a dozen (the Ora-Ito Eames concept is a perfect example) so ground this in the reality of the materials you are working with and I guarantee the project will be more interesting.

Charles and Ray Eames arrived at the solutions they did because they were actively playing and experimenting in the physical world. They were continuously prototyping to find the limits of wood and what they could achieve with it. That’s what made their work so iconic and long lasting, and what most people appreciate the most of their design process. They would not have arrived at the same solutions without building, and I think the same will be true for your project.