Furniture Inspired Footwear - ON GOING PROJECT

Interesting project. Props on the prototyping, but for me, it’s not showing as much as I think you could. Not much design happening as you are using an existing silhouette. Not much technical as I don’t really see a functional solution to adhering the wood using real life production methods. The wood is “eames” but aside from that I’m not really getting an overall feel of the chair aesthetic nor the functional use of the material (to allow flex in the chair, and the moulding process to allow a 3d shape) the original defined. Sketch some more. Free yourself from constraints.

I’d urge you to push it further. Don’t worry about what you can prototype. Don’t worry about the the roshe as a starting point. I think you’ve got a lot of skills but they aren’t being shown in this current project scope. As it stands, I don’t know if it’s a project I would longer on much in a portfolio.

Hope this is as constructive as it’s meant to be. I see you are putting in a lot of time an effort. I know you can do great things. Show me.

R