the irony booklight comments please

Hi Michael, that is incredibly perceptive, I have pondered “what genre” I would put this piece in, I am still not sure :confused: Perhaps a "conceptual art object? its the closest I can get. It is a project that has been organically gestating for about 12 years. In as far as context I do see it in a gallery, foyer of a library or perhaps a particularly minimalist environment.

For comparison I have attached another image of my work “counterpoint” tallboy. The holes which continue all the way trough are to maintain the center of gravity and further lower it. through the removal of material (Via the holes) It invites the observer to deconstruct the logic of the hole placement positioning. Logic is beauty! whilst ameliorating stability issues.

“Does your work typically cross over into more of an art statement vs function based product?” sometimes well mostly I guess. like a sculptor, an Architect, and an Industrial designer all diligently and without ego debating every constraint and opportunity in my head. unfortunately with my private projects, commerciality is rarely considered. Basically its all about things that appeal to me.
Michael, could you please enlighten me on “para design” I am intrigued but unable to find any definitions.