Google Self-Driving Car

Well, we’ve been hearing about autonomous cars for the last 3 - 4 years I think, I expected something else than a regular car without a steering wheel. If you are going around the city in a car without driving it, I’d rather use the time for something else than staring at the other cars. For a prototype that doesn’t go over 40 kph, they could have gone to something closer to the FUMU concept IDiot posted before. Public buses use that kind of layout without seat belts, for example.

I understand the reason of the cute look they gave it, but I think the render they showed was a better than the final result. The face was softer and the roof sensors were part of the design, not just an add-on. I personally would like something more serious than this, something that doesn’t look like a toy, but something I can trust. I guess over the next years will see some concepts from car manufacturers including this technology.

@Atohms

Cool idea! For the elderly, it’d be cool if the seat was also moving forward to the edge, the car would be easier to access, I think.

I think I have an idea of who would be behind the wheel of that Audi…