Clug Bike Clip

No, we’re working with manufacturers now on the production version. Due to the nature of this product, if it is successful it will be knocked off in nanoseconds. So, we’re embracing the idea that someone could pay a smaller amount and print it on their own machine.

We’ve done all our testing with PLA. We’re doing material exploration now.

That inner layer looks like some sort of soft rubber - what sort of 3Dprinter is needed for that? And how durable is it?

We print ours on a Makerbot. We’ve had ABS versions machined and both work the same.

We’ve been using the PLA versions for about 2 - 3 months (in different variations) and they keep on working the same each time.

What about tire widths? Will it work for a track bike or a mountain bike?

23mm - 28mm currently. Mountain bike version is sitting next to me. Started testing it this past Monday. After going through 3 size tweaks, we believe we have it working as it should. It does lose its proportions a bit going that big…but that’s part of the game sometimes.

I’m not even sure how it holds the bikes down-force?
Even more worried about side force (looks like wind could knock it over)

Side force is an issue. We put our bikes in the studio in a corner…thus it isn’t a problem. But if you put them in a high traffic area, I can see it becoming and issue and this might not be for you.

The down force all rests on the back tire. This isn’t hanging your bike, it is keeping it clipped to the wall.