Designers Touching their Faces

Hahaha this is the best Tumblr ever Haha. I will share it

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

First time I’ve heard that term before, I can’t think of a more fitting name for him.

One of the older engineers here at work was giving me feedback on a project that I’m leading, first thing he said is “get your hand off your face!”, the only problem is, how else am I supposed to look like I’m actually thinking about what some guy who’s derailing my meeting is saying?!

Kreem Rash

Lol. Wasn’t it Steve Jobs who really made this meme big in the context of design?
I like the subtle self-mockery in Newson+Ives :slight_smile:

Ross Lovegrove always does a good job at this too ‘I am the visionary, I will pave the way for the grand future’.
Sure it’s all related to psychology. It’s real hard to get out of a designer’s ego sometimes :slight_smile: And I also know that it’s most often the right hand that is raised for such poses, it’s related to confidence/power. The left hand is the hand that shy people use to cover their faces with. The hand of insecurity, submissiveness.

“intuition (n.)
mid-15c., from Late Latin intuitionem (nominative intuitio) “a looking at, consideration,” noun of action from past participle stem of Latin intueri “look at, consider,” from in- “at, on” (see in- (2)) + tueri “to look at, watch over” (see tuition).”

Intuition is “looking deeply at” something. Sometimes your neck gets tired. I do the Loewy a lot leaning over my Cintiq. =)

Love this thread

1 Like

only Bertoia

Nelson in action

Eames

Pollock

Chadwick - Yes
Stumpf - No

Starck

Morrison

Arad

Grcic

Urquiola

Young

1 Like

This cracked me up.

From the graphic side, I thought Sagmeister was going to break the trend, but then:

Jan Van Toorn touches his face a lot:

More interaction, but Jon Kolko:

There if everyone contributes 3, we can have a coffee table book.

1 Like

going through some market research I found this one of Stark:

and this one too:

1 Like

1 Like

I have this guy looking over my shoulder at work, most often very disappointed and disapproving of my work. His ten ‘principles’ are affixed just below. :bulb:

1 Like

Slippy, maybe he is frowning because you have a pair of stereo speakers only 4 inches from each other negating all of the stereo effects. :slight_smile:

D’oh! busted.

They are better bookends than speakers, Sony SRS-77G models with thick plastic and big drivers, made in the late 80’s.

well, I won’t argue that they are better bookends than speakers :wink:

Just thought I’d bump this for the fun of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Goddammit. This thread is missing a couple of obvious ones. Putting out a bounty for:
Behar
Dyson
Musk (he’d call himself a designer)
Loewy
Ivy Ross, Matias Duarte, or anyone else with the title “Google Design Leader”

I couldn’t find any of Dyson touching his face, but these might be worse…

:slight_smile:

That is super funny. Me and a couple of sometime-design-collaborators have a “strategy” employed when we run out of ideas, called “put a hole in it”.

They’re out there somewhere…
Dyson:

Loewy:

1 Like