IDSA Board 2014 Election Has Opened

Hi Chevis - I had some similar thoughts to you a couple years back and voiced them quite loudly on these boards. With this I decided that if I wanted things to change then I needed to talk to the people that were capable of making those changes. I went to NYC planning meetings, got to know the chapter head who then became the District VP. I was able to voice my opinion, but most of all what I saw was that a lot of what I was looking for was actually happening I just did not know it. Since then the communication of the NYC chapter has gotten much better. Can I take credit for that? Maybe a little, but I would say that was more the doing of the heads. What I can say though my consistent voicing of my opinion I was able to get a few things in motion. I also met some really great people along the way, which started to show the true value of IDSA and that is the “boots on the ground” networking and camaraderie of the design community.

IDSA truly is something that you get what you put in. With that said it is still the responsibility of the chapter, district, and even nation organization to project a value that is going to want you to contribute. A lot of time that is just simple communication and information as you have mentioned. As a District VP you are responsible to make sure all chapters are performing. If elected this will be my main goal is to make sure each district is projecting that value to people such as yourself as well as to students and the younger generation to make them want to join and secure the longevity of the organization.

I hope this helps.

J

Edit: Just wanted to let you know. A membership is $375 not $600 and $50 for a student.