the NEW Coroflot >>>Submit Feedback Here.

I will preface this by saying that I love Coroflot. It along with these boards is probably the main reason why I’m not currently working as a suicidal patent attorney; so this all comes from a place of love and wanting to see Coroflot remain the go to place for creative work.

After more than a year of using the update, I’m missing the old Coroflot more and more each day. Not for the old clunky UI or slow navigation style, but for the lively community that I think was created with the “likey” button.

The likey button was awesome because it was essentially pinterest before pinterest existed! Often times I’m not a fan of a whole project, but there might be a prototyping photo, sketch model, or smoking hot render that I would love to give props to and share with the people that follow me… but 9 times out of 10 I don’t because I just don’t like the whole project enough to hit favorite.

At first I felt like this was just me being too picky, but after a year of logging in to see a relatively dead news feed I feel like maybe it’s not just me.

I’ve found myself visiting Coroflot way less since the update. I went from twice daily visits, to maybe biweekly or less. Now when I log in my feed always seems to have the same 2 or 3 thumbnails repeated over and over again like this.

Which is usually about the time I log out and head to my Behance news feed which reminds me of what Coroflot used to feel like in terms of fresh new content to explore

I really do like the look of the update and the improved UI; but I feel like something significant happened to the user base/community after the update. Maybe it’s more than just the removal of the “likey” button; but these are just my thoughts after a year of hoping to see a turn around.

I have found myself using Pinterest and Behance more to find new and old ID related work, and I’d love to return those duties back to Coroflot.