What cell phone do you own?

That’s my only gripe with the iPhone 4S, it really hurts to hold it against my ear to talk on the thing (I know, I actually use it as a phone… Weird.)

It was a real shame that the new Lumia’s don’t have the level of curved glass as the Lumia 800… it really sets it apart from the sea of flat glass phones

Then this will give you a boner, I just read there will also be an Xperia Z tablet following the same design language and features. And only 6.9 mm thick (iPad 4th gen. is 9.7!)

I think I’ve just found my next cellphone.

Still have my Lumia 900, still loving it.
I’m getting this soon.
You can’t get much bolder than a huge black camera and a matte white phone.
Go big or go home!

Photo by tarng from these boards, I believe?

I really want to see a Moto X in person. Looks very nice. I dig the Lumia’s, too…

The 1020 is an awesome camera (and an awesome smartphone). I’m waiting for the Verizon equivalent (January is the latest guess I’ve heard) - the accessory that plugs onto the phone to provide extra battery and storage space is genius.

The Lumias are a great statement about the importance of hardware. I’ve been an Apple guy for a long time, and have has an iPhone since gen1… but seeing Cam use his Lumia everyday has definitely tempted me to switch… and Microsoft makes the switch from Apple to Windows Phone as easy as they can.

Once all of the OS UX levels plateaus, hardware again becomes the differentiator.

Watches are an interesting analogy. At one time the precision of the engineering meant everything. Swiss made, quarts movement, auto-wind… once inexpensive Japanese , then Korean, and finally now Chinese movements approximated the accuracy and precision of European movements, the only differentiators left were price, style, brand, and prestige. Of course many of those European brands were able to take the mechanical expertise and convert it into brand strength and prestige, which you could say is what Apple is trying to do (gold baby, gold).

Sony Xperia T

I used to be an iPhone guy as well and I loved them.
Recently a Lumia 800 fell in my lap, literally and I am now “using” it.

I believe I bitched about this in another thread already but my disappointment compels me to mention this again:
It seems as if everybody is refusing to work on apps for a Windows Phone!

Gorgeous piece of hardware, yes no doubt but the fact that Explorer is a joke of a browser (a webdesigner friend refers to it as “Internet Exploder”) and that I can’t even get the most basic apps is terrible.
Can anybody explain to me why there is no Nike+ running app? Probably the most used and popular fitness app in the world?!
I now have to run with my iPhone 3GS instead…

Official Gmail app? No sir… This is what it looks like on my phone compared to an iPhone. Welcome to the 90’s:

A product needs to be linked into its context and can’t operate on its own. Apps need to be developed or it dies on the vine.

It seems as if everybody is refusing to work on apps for a Windows Phone!

Exactly why I ended up not getting one.

I went Apple and I enjoy it. I’m intrigued by the Moto X though, and I’d like to give Android another chance.

The list of major missing apps for WP is getting so short it’s almost superfluous.
Nike is Apple only, no one else.
Never got the gmail complaint. Gmail has been synced into my Lumia since day 1.

Complaining about the OS of Lumia 800 is like complaining about Android Gingerbread 2.3

I planned on switching to Windows Phone as well because the UI is just so much more refined than anybody elses including Apple. Unfortunately the Nokia Maps can’t handle some specific things I usually use Google Maps for… and are just not as good as Google Maps. But apart from that I really like what I am seeing so far. I will have another look in a year or so.

I think you’re experiencing the same thing the Android adopters went through - it takes time for developers to get enough complaints and see enough market share move to any ‘new’ OS for them to act. I’ve found the same things during my Windows Phone experience but only a few times (for instance, I use the default mail app for all our accounts and it works great - why go to Gmail via the web?..or if you’re a Gmail-only guy for mail an Android phone might have been a better fit anyway?) If you decide to stick with your Windows Phone, you might start seeing more apps - I’ve noticed it already. I read an article last week that Windows Phone moved up in market share from 7% to 15%, taking 4% each from Apple and Android. I believe the Nokia phone push is driving the expansion.

I have a galaxy note 2. I used to have an iPhone 4 and a HTC X, but after having this phone I can’t use an iPhone, I fell I can’t type in such a small keyboard, I read a lot of books (is almost the size of a Kindle) and have a wacom pen that make easy to make some fast sketch while visiting factories or checking prototypes and you don’t have paper and pen with you all the time, but I have the phone in my pocket all the time and it doesn’t feel big in your pocket (sometimes I even don’t feel it because is very slim). Anyway I’m very happy with it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Samsung rocks (and as a designer I’m loving their commitment to including the S-Pen in almost all their new devices)…ATIV Q anyone??

I recently got an iPhone 5c as a work phone, but I’m keeping my galaxy 3 as my phone. The biggest differences for me are the apple podcast app, so much better than any android one I’ve tried, and the apple magnifying glass-text editing, again miles ahead of android. Everything else is pretty equal. That said I prefer the galaxy 3 overall (I came off a 3GS) mainly because it doesn’t have iTunes. Just plugging it into any PC and being able to drag and drop files is a wonder apple fan boys will never know.

There’s an App for that. Don’t even need to plug it in.

nurb, do you mind sharing the app name? I hope it is not iTunes… :smiley:

Desk Connect
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deskconnect/id642218244?mt=8
Works pretty well. Some limitations, but works well.