buying a range - soliciting advice

I am fairly sure I have the electric version of that Kitchenaide. Although, it may be a previous generation due to its age (~3 yrs old). It works great, although it has its design issues. The display is on an angled face somewhere between the fridgedair and Kitchenaide. It drives me crazy because anytime you cook on the front (think bacon), that display gets covered in stuff that you then get to touch to use the oven. It is a high gloss, so it is very apparent when anything gets on it. Also, the area underneath the handle where it connects to the door is impossible to clean. We have to just pull a rag back and forth and hope that it gets everything out. You can definitely tell on the SS where you cant get the cleaner.

It is a great range though. The oven cooks very even and the cooktop gets water to a boil fairly quickly. The probe is amazing though. I can tell you how many times we have just tossed a full chicken or even the thanksgiving turkey and just let it do its thing. It always stops the oven at the perfect time. We had no idea this feature existed, but I am thankful we found it!