3D printers!?!?! Have one? Create prototypes?

Any designers on this site own or operate a 3D printer? I am familiar with shapeways and various sites, but I want to work directly with someone that owns a 3D printer as I want to work on a more one on one basis. I can pay you personally to 3D print miniature versions of this:

http://chrisdarmon.com/Matchbox-Shoe-Packaging-R5

I’m trying to sell and “pitch” this concept to Nike and Adidas… The design is “patent pending”… Any and all advice/3D printing vendors/or 3D artist that want to assist on this project are more than welcome to contact me here:

chris (at) cirquemedia (dot) com

I’ve been working on this project for the last 3 months in my sparetime. Check out my site for more info and how this packaging goes far beyond just shoes. However, it’s designed for shoes and I’ve worked directly for Nike and Adidas and have a few client contacts that might assist in getting this made. I need samples, physical 3D printed samples to send off.

Is the design intent that it will be made from cardboard in production? Why not make the prototype from cardboard as well? Also, if you make those large, flat surfaces with most 3D printing tech, you’ll need to overbuild it and it will be heavy and expensive.

ummmm,

just so you know you are going to raise red flags with the admins for posting the same topic multiple times, … almost seems like you are trying to drive up hits…

Fuseproject did something similar for puma

this. i can’t see a functional or aesthetic reason you would need to 3d print this… constructing it out of cardboard would also make the concept a lot more realistic and marketable since you would already have the flat pattern by the end of the process.

good point chevisw… …

When you make multiple posts of the same subject you’re diluting your results and it makes it more difficult for others to follow.

This thread is now Locked. Please do not start another one with the same subject.