What music?

I listening to mellow one to relax my mind on doing it.

How do you embed YouTube videos in posts?

Go the the Youtube URL…

Take the alpha-numeric code after the " = " (highlighted in red) and paste it between [youtub-]QK8mJJJvaes[/youtub-] - brackets. Disregard everything after the alpha-numerics [ … &feature=player_embedded] I left out the final “e” so it would display correctly

Slow melody music with small sound.

Modern Man’s recent additions:

Boards of Canada: Tomorrow’s Harvest

Brian Eno: Small Craft On a Milk Sea

Devo: Hardcore, Vol. 1 and Vol.2

Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers: L.A.M.F - The Lost '77 Mixes

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds: Push the Skay Away

Rodriguez: Cold Fact

Thee Oh Sees: Floating Coffin and Putrifiers II

Modern Man’s long time favorites and desert island stuff:

The Birthday Party: Prayers On Fire

Brian Eno: Here Come The Warm Jets, Talking Tiger Mountian By Strategy, Before and After Science, Another Green World, Music For Airports, On Land and Apollo Atmospheres

Brian Eno & David Byrne: My Life in the Bush or Ghosts

Brian Eno & Jah Wobble: Spinner

Buzzcocks: Another Music in a Different Kitchen, Love Bites, A Different Kind of Tension

The Damned: “Damned, Damned, Damned”, Music for Pleasure, Machine Gun Etiquette

David Bowie: Heroes, Low, Station to Station

Devo: Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!

The Fall: Live At the Witch Trials, Preverted by Language, This Nation’s Saving Grace, I Am Kurious Oranj, Grotesque (After the Gramme)

The Gun Club: Fire of Love, Miami

Iggy Pop: The Idiot

The Jesus and Mary Chain: Psychocandy

Joy Division: Unknown Pleasures

Kraftwerk: Radioaktivität, Autobahn, Computerwelt, Tour de France Soundtracks

Laurie Anderson: Big Science

Low: Things We Lost In the Fire

Minutemen: Double Nickles On the Dime

My Bloody Valentine: Loveless

Pixies: Doolittle, Surfa Rosa

Public Enemy: Apocolypse '91 - The Enemy Strikes Back

Public Image Ltd: Public Image: First Issue, Metal Box

Roxy Music: Roxy Muisc

Spiritualized: Lazer Guided Melodies, Pure Phase

The Stooges/Iggy Pop: The Stooges, Fun House, Raw Power

Suicide: Suicide

Talking Heads: Fear of Music

The Clash: The Clash, Sandinista!

Television: Marquee Moon

The Velvet Underground: The Velvet Underground & Nico, The Velvet Underground, White Light / White Heat, Loaded, VU

Wire: Chairs Missing, Pink Flag

X-Ray Spex: Germ Free Adolescents

Gotten into JJ Grey & Mofro lately. Funky sound. Don’t know how to explain it other tha aewsome!

And Modern Man was remiss to not have included anything by Klaus Schultze and Conrad Schnitzler. What was Modern Man thinking?!?!

Im going to second JJ Grey & Mofro. They have a down and dirty southern sound that is perfect to sit back and enjoy. Ive been jammin to them a lot since the new album came out.

New Daft Punk. Can’t escape it all summer, and I don’t mind a bit.

Listening to Audio Popsicle while having fun rendering up a shoe this AM! Groovera.com
Screen Shot 2013-08-31 at 12.28.38 PM.jpg

Listening to man Mountain, post-rock, instrumental band from Monroe, Michigan. I also did the cover :slight_smile:

• enjoy

I listen to music the same way Philippe Starck does (I tried it out and I love it). I just create a huge playlist with only my favorite songs, and that’s all I listen to all day every day, like one big ritual. Sometimes I’ll discover something new and I’ll add a few songs, but I’m very very selective. It cuts down the time I spend searching for new music. At the moment it’s an enormously eclectic mix, a lot of uptempo a la Daft Punk/Faithless/Jamiroquai/Fatboy Slim/Zuco103, some jazz, and a lot of calm, meditative music from india, deva premal, Air, Scandinavian music.

… that’s all I listen to all day every day, like one big ritual. Sometimes I’ll discover something new and I’ll add a few songs, but I’m very very selective.

Which begs the question, "How do you discover something new, if you’re listening to the same thing all day?

Something I’ve started doing a lot lately is listening to the original scores to films and video games. Video game soundtracks especially seem to be designed to give you something interesting to listen to without being distracting.

Here are some examples:

Steven Price

Andrew Hale

Bill Elm

Jesper Kyd

I also have to pitch my favorite productivity-increasing album of all time, Massive Attack’s Mezzanine

I listen to funk / electronic / indie, whether on the radio (Fm4 in Austria) or through websites like:

Le Tournedisque // http://www.letournedisque.com/home

RedBull Music Academy // http://www.rbmaradio.com/

Boiler Room // http://boilerroom.tv/

The artist usually are Daft Punk (Discover, Homework and Human after all), French Kiwi Juice, Nicolas Jaar, Darkside, Kartell, Cezaire, Flume and Digitalism. I also like to dig into 50s and 60s jazz or soul. Usually something that puts you in a good mood and proactive.

This was last week going on and on while skething

Darkside at Pitchfork // Darkside FULL SET - Pitchfork Music Festival Paris - YouTube

I am with you with the one playlist technique. I don’t think I am all the way into that approach (I mainly organize playlists by a few artists but end up listening to the same few playlists exclusively).

Mentioning Scandinavian music, do you know A-ha? They are one of my favorites, but I have found that not many people here in the States know of them outside of their one hit here, but they have some amazing other stuff.

One of the nice things about talking with designers who have more experience than me is that they sometimes actually know what I am listening to:

Alphaville (known for Forever Young, Big in Japan, who have an awesome mix of catchy dance tunes, deep ballades, etc.)

A-ha

Depeche Mode – has seemed to survive very well, good amount of people here know them or grew up with them. Even searching the Core, they have been mentioned a few times.

Duran Duran – some of their stuff is amazing, others is pure garbage.

The Human League

Talk Talk

Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD)

Pet Shop Boys

I always listen classic music, there are so many my favorite singers like Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Etc

At the moment Modern Man is sketching to Melbourne, Florida by Dick Diver from Melbourne Australia.

Equal parts Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, Television, Big Star/Alex Chilton, Yo La Tengo and The Go-Betweens

P.S. What’s the key to making the YouTube embed code work here?

nice, I’ll have to check him out.

To make the youtube imbed thing work, click the youtube button in your post and then past the ID number of the video in there. The ID number is basically the very end of the share link.

Thank you.

Tearing the Posters Down is the single.

They are four, including one female.

Dick and Nicole Diver are the central characters in Tender Is the Night, F. Scott Fitzgerald’s final novel.

This is good sample of their live handiwork, the true test of a good band.

Perhaps NSFW.