Awards, press releases, client lists, portfolio projects

Most of this is covered under the NDAs their lawyers send and I sign. In a nutshell, they are the sole owners of any work product. Pretty standard stuff in the medical industry. But due to personal relationships, some allow use of limited materials and usually all will give me high-res glamour shots if the product launches.

1. Never entered one. Clients have, and some won. Never mentioned me. But then again, I don’t care. They paid me a boatload of money. I’m happy. Again, work product should be covered by the NDA.

2. Couldn’t write my way out of a paper bag. But I have pony-uped for the occasional PR piece. Never mentioned specific work product but there is no secret to what I do and who I do it for. If I entered a contest and won, you bet I would toot my own horn. But I don’t think I would ever write that I completed a project, kind of an ante-up. I wouldn’t write one if a client launches a product that I did, that’s their business, not mine.

3. All clients. If they did want secrecy, that would cost them extra. Just like an unlisted phone number.

4. As I mentioned above, depends on the relationship. I did get an informal go ahead once until their lawyers heard about it and it ended. No biggie, all in the name of the relationship. They continue to pay me money for my work and I am happy.