Sofa Re-upholstery

I’m happy with the upholster I found. I looked through a few city “best of lists”, called a few custom furniture shops, and designers. These guys look like they mostly make furniture for designers that I don’t like the look of, but the workmanship is good and the designer there I’m coordinating understands how picky I am. They have a real shop which I saw which is good so I know it’s not just a re-seller. The shop was pretty cool actually. They have some sort of ergo-buck chair thing made out of plywood and wingnuts so they can dial in the height/tilt, depth, etc. of a custom chair. Just seeing that level of professionalism sold me.

I actually previously tried to get some new down filled cushions made from a shop where that’s all they do. When I went in to pick them up, I told them I wasn’t happy with how the fabric casing was glued kinda messy to the foam. They told me it doesn’t matter, you don’t see it and that’s how they do it. I told them the original was neat and tidy. They told me to get out and gave me my money back. Best $600 I never spent :wink:

I did have a handle on an old italian guy who was a friends friends dad but I lost the connection.

My down-filled sofa doesn’t shed much down. It’s so comfy though and after being spoiled by it (I’ve slept on it more times than I can count), I can’t even think of going to a just foam cushion.

R