2012 Win8 Sketching Tablets

Greetings - I tried a Surface Pro (after the upgrade that gave it pressure sensitivity) and it was adequate for Sketchbook Pro, but barely so for heavy GPU needs, same as with the Samsung Ativ and likely with the Asus Vivotab (but dont know for sure on that one). Note: look through this thread and others and you’ll see a video showing lag on the Samsung unit while sketching, there’s no way I could deal with that. Also of note; Asus promises to have a full featured tablet running Core i7 or better, Wacom enabled HD screen and discreet Nvidia graphics coming…soon.

The ‘consensus’ so far seems to be that none of the tablets out now have graphic capabilities we need, instead assuming whatever it takes to sketch with OneNote must be good enough.

In June, Tablet Kiosk is releasing an updated version of their Sahara tablet that promises to have all the bells and whistles we look for, except an Nvidia GPU. They’ve offered us a unit as soon as they’re available. We will get it up and running when it arrives and report back. Otherwise, it’s a wait-until-next-year game.