Why did you choose your school?

Why did I choose the school I did:

1. Reputation - It has a good reputation for all courses producing many “famous” designers in all disciplines even outside of ID.Within ID there are some very big names on the alumni roster.

2. Location - It is in an incredible city and to experience a faster pace of life so early on had been my dream.

Would I choose it again? Yes and no.

Yes - Only on a personal level. Mainly for the location and being able to live in that city so early on, personal growth and being exposed to so many different cultures, and finally meeting people that have made a huge impact on my life.

No - Professionally it has not prepared me to where I personally would like to be as a designer. It has relied too long on it’s reputation to the point where other schools produce more employable graduates. Recently our grads move in to research and strategy and not so many hardcore ID’ers

I also didn’t know as much about design as I do now when I picked my school and what would prepare me best for the real world. My school didn’t offer a CO-OP or even allow us to study abroad - we had a lot of people come over to us but we weren’t allowed to go to them! If I had my time again and could afford it I would have moved to the US, from what I have seen Virginia Tech seems to be right on the money currently.