Home Vs Cinema

I’ve always enjoyed the familiarity of home and we’ve always had at least a decent TV to make it comfortable, but going TO the movies still has a lure - it’s special because you have to make the effort to decide to go, get ready to go, get there in time and then you always experience something new (whether seeing someone you know, holding hands with my wife, having one foot firmly stuck to a spilled drink, deciding whether to be responsible with that super kitkat wrapper, wondering just why THAT girl accepted a date with THAT guy or just watching the kids have a great time).

Last year though, in case it’s important to you research, I made an effort to minimize the theater-going by mounting a 65" 3D flat panel on a large wall in our great room and ran all the requisite surround sound controlled by some nice Yamaha equipment - it’s high enough to be a theater experience from that room and is a great experience from the two room spaces beyond it (for NFL parties or just the cooking channel!)…but the primary benefit is to save $600 per Ravens game and $60 per theater visit.