Industrial Design Schools: Opinions and Questions

I am an alumni of the Academy of Art University and all I can say is DON’T go there! Nobody cares about you. You are just a paycheck. This school is a greedy money machine geared only to make money and care nothing for education. I won’t say I didn’t learn anything there but I feel that I learned despite them and not thanks to them as they were making it very difficult to learn when you constantly have to fight them over money, and the way they deal with it, jacking up their prices every semester and you rarely see it being invested back into the program. When you take the tour they seem very impressive but its one big sham. I am drowning in student loans over 100,000$ and I wish I could say :“well, it was worth it! I had fun! I learned! I got what I wanted” but unfortunately I can’t and if this post will save one person from making that mistake I would feel that I did something good. Of course I had some good times, of course some classes were awesome, but it wasn’t worth it. I did the work, I totally invested myself, financially, mentally, emotionally and I am very proud of my accomplishments and my portfolio but I will not give the, credit for any of it. They have no career center worth mentioning because once you are an alumni and not paying them anymore they don’t really care about you unless you got published somehow then they will be the first to find out and take credit for it (like what happened to me with a project they failed me on and I had to fight the whole department for a better grade and failed again) but after it won international competition and got noted they published it as exemplary student work on their website! Imagine how that might feel… Anyways enough ranting , do what you will ad I hope I at least made some of you reconsider… Good luck to everyone looking for a school!