Product Designer, California, Palo Alto, Entry Level Salary?

the idea of “salaries are proportional to local cost of living” is sort of a myth

Personally i feel the same way. I really don’t think the pay should reflect if i have debts to pay or not. If i had $100K debt to my college, was up to my ears in debts for car payments, rent, bills, that justifies getting paid more than if I finished college debt free through grants, live with family, opted to buy a used car with cheap insurance? No, i rather be measured by what i can bring to the company, not by the size of my debt.

two 1-bedroom apartments resulted in the “$700-1,000 per month” range.

1 bedroom apartments in my area are more in the $1,500-2,000 a month range. Regardless, it shouldn’t have to matter. If i wanted to just get by, then i wouldn’t have gone to college for a degree.

Regarding those salary sites, i tried most of them, but again, their results seem vague.

If i get the offer it’s going to be in the next 2 days, since my internship ends tomorrow. I don’t want to sound arrogant, i realize i’m fresh out of college, but I’d like at least $50k. I’ve been there 3 months, so my boss knows my strengths and weaknesses, and maybe i can use that in my favor.
I guess i was more curious to know if i’m pushing my luck asking $50k straight out of college.

Either way, i’ll let you guys know how it turns out.

Wish me luck!