Product Designer, California, Palo Alto, Entry Level Salary?

30K would be low and might not even cover living expenses in the area depending on where you live in SF

From my experience and talking to all my junior designer friends in the city I would gander that you’d be in the 40k-55k range.

40k -45k- minimum I’ve seen in the Bay area.
45k -55k - where a lot of designers with right out of school tend to be.
55k-65k - right were a little bit of experience can bring you too. (also proper negotiation/raises can get you here.)
65k -75k - working at a bigger name consultancy (factoring in better benefits as well + usually a bit more experience).
75k+ If you happen to nag a big corporation job (Facebook/Twitter/Google/Apple/Oracle) you might be closing in on 6 figures. (also factoring in that ux/ui pays a bit more than ID)

Also check http://www.glassdoor.com/index.htm for good insights. Find other consultancies you find comparable to your current one and cross reference.

Talk to friends in the city. Its supposedly a taboo topic to talk about, but in doing so within my group of friends a few people realized they were underpaid and were able to negotiate raises at there next reviews. Knowledge is power.