Vehicles spotted in your neighborhood

There’s just something about the Fisker that I don’t like. I much prefer the Model S Tesla.

Apparently my neighbor around the corner bought the Fisker as it has been parked there everyday. I disagree with the comparison with the Tesla. They are in different classes. The Tesla is a very well sculpted sedan, the way a CLS, A7, or even a Sonata is nicely sculpted. The Fisker however is something very different proportionally. It is more squarely in the Aston Martin Rapide realm. On the street it looks like a 4 door supercar. The wheels are a bit comically large, and there is a notch too much detailing in my opinion, but it is far more special a car. It will be a classic.

Totally different concepts, but there is some kind of Cheetah-esque vibe going on with the Karma.

I agree that they are different, I guess I was just giving preference to one electric super car over another. I used to see a Karma every day on my commute home, and while it certainly caught my eye ever time, I think the front end just seems off to me. Side view, rear view, looks great. But the front of it just kills me every time.

Must be some sort of pre-production spy camera cloaking on this one… I thought GM ditched Pontiac?

Here is a bunch from the last couple of weeks:
photo.JPG
photo 5.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 4 copy.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 3 copy.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 2 copy.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 1 copy.JPG

Sweet VW spotted in HCMC, Vietnam. I don’t know enough about these to assess its rarity, but it’s the nicest one I’ve seen in a long time. Don’t know how you keep these from rusting away in that climate.

Judging by the small, painted turn-signal housings, a 1951-ish Samba. Rarest of the rare. Sahweet!

How rare? $217,800.00 at Barrett-Jackson > Volkswagen bus fetches $217,800 at Barrett-Jackson auction

The article identifies this one as a 1963. The one you spotted, being older, and in mint (apparently) condition… … $$$

23 window bus… VERY RARE. I think the $2xx,000 is a little too much. Expect $30,000+ though for anything above average.

Hagerty says $30 G’s on a 52 Samba
http://www.hagerty.com/price-guide/1952-Volkswagen-Samba

But they have the 59 Deluxe at 22 or so.

Still a beautiful example.

Saw this Oldsmobile 88 Holiday in Nashville

And an absolutely bizarre Plymouth Belvedere (majestic name)

Bonus: Hot Wheels Oldsmobile DONK and Chromey hubcap from an Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 I picked from a salvage yard

HSV Commodore, Chapel St. South Yarra, Melbourne.

So hot

this guy spotted at the beach:

HOT!

Hey YO was that you that made the post about the new Z-28 on the Core 77 twitter?

nope. Didn’t see it.

Spotted this boat tail in the Seattle sunshine while out running errands today.
20130330 T_A buggy.jpg

now that is rare!

now that is rare!

Apparently everywhere except in the Portland/Seattle area; home of the Northwest Vintage Speedsters Club.

Northwest Vintage Speedsters is dedicated to the preservation, restoration, and enjoyment of > 1934 and earlier > 4 cylinder speedsters and race cars of any make and model. The club was established in 1975 by 18 speedster enthusiasts in the Portland area and has grown to over 200 members… including members in most states and many foreign countries. Our two major annual events are a 200 mile Endurance Run held on Labor Day Weekend and a Fun Run held on Memorial Day Weekend, which are held in various locations in the Northwest. We welcome all speedster enthusiasts to consider joining our club.

#33 is owned by Walt and Merry Berdan

For more incredible old iron > Photos of Northwest Vintage Speedsters

If I had some disposable income I know what I’d be building. And not a single smog reg to be seen, even in California!

For some serious grins, google “model A speedster

And, they have an engine section too