Patrick Healy - Portfolio Questions

Yo,

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I totally agree and would have liked to dive deeper into both products to really nail down the design. I think some model building and sampling would have really helped here.

At the end of the day, I feel I did the best I could given the time constraints and broad scope of the project. The scope was a major requirement of the class for which I am grateful. While I was working on this project, I was also wrapping up my thesis (Modern Industry) and preparing for a Kickstarter launch. This is not to say that this work couldn’t be better or to make an excuse. It is merely a statement of fact.

Since graduating in December and completing these portfolio pieces, I’ve been dedicating most of my time towards getting Modern Industry’s first product line produced and designing the second. At the same time, I actually earned an unsolicited interview with a major personal electronics company (that led to a second and, in a near future, a third).

The hiring manager specifically noted the two projects I presented here. I know that the feedback I received dramatically improved my presentation. As a result, I wanted to thank those of you who contributed here. I really appreciate you taking the time to help. I also wanted to thank the larger Core77 community. I’ve been following this site for about a decade and has contributed immensely to my continued education and awareness.

Patrick