Adidas Next Step

AndreC.

It is the first time I see the design of boost. A design and launch with millions of dollars behind, months or maybe years of planning and design, plenty of designers working, can be judged from another perspective.

My work is a humble effort of two days, and a 2.0 celeron processor to work to the fullest.

Keep at it man do what you love!

Thank you AndreC, also thanks for the link. Yesterday, I saw more about the boost concept, and I could add some ideas for product advertising, the foam boost texture looks like snow, and is resistant to low temperatures.

It may be, that the boost line has a standard sole, these two designs have the same sole, and almost the same structure in the uppers.

The next challenge is to make a design adapting the style of the line. When a shoe hits the market with innovations, they often do not have a risky design, opt for something simple and sometimes boring, but it is accepted by the masses. The challenge now is to make a shoe more dynamic, focused on the buyer who is identified with the current adizero products. But keeping the same style in the sole.

I made a visually design parallel to boost core product, although similar shoes seem like brothers, I did the design whitin the same style, elegant, metallic, solid.

It seems to me that boost of adidas is a good design. A design that is not necessary to add aesthetic elements, is for me a good design. Adidas design does not need anything visually.

I’ve added items to my proposal, an added value and a concept of my own. I made a shoe a little more dynamic and organic. The design of adidas, is a solid design and is visually static, I’ve designed a shoe just more fluid.

The boost advertising of adidas, offered the concept of innovation of the sole, without showing fully the aesthetic design of the product, keeping a mystery. Like this:

I thought to emulate (in my style), a product launch advertising. With things and different advertising concepts. Starting with generating consumer curiosity.

For this design “Fugitive”, I thought of advertising on youtube. A spot structured like a movie trailer. Due to the strike in the union of actors out there right now in my country, it will not be possible to produce the spot. But I try to emulate a draft story board, I will, in the language of comic. Fugitive is inspired to the bad guys. This is page 1. Sorry for the bad traslation.

Did you draw those comics? A lot more interesting than the shoe renders!

R

Yes, I do what I can. Thank you.

These read really well Victor, I am impressed at your abilty to create the story with drama. Like Jason Bourne with boost!

Thanks, yes, Jason Bourne is appropriate. Also CSI, I’d like Las Vegas, but I think Miami or NY fits better. Thank you again.

Last pages of the story board and the end of the product launch.

The next challenge is (following the inertia of comics) to design a shoe for a character in comics. Perhaps also the complete costume. With the adidas brand.

After experimenting with 3D modeling using Rhinoceros, causing a disaster, I’ve accomplished a design. The concept Air Ducts that last year I developed in theory, will help me to create a marketing concept where a brand sponsors a movie. It is common for automobile brands including ads in a more fused manner with a project outside of the product, in this case a movie. If I were asked to merge a shoe with a character or film concepts, I wish the marketing concept have consistency. So give me the freedom to propose ideas for the realization of the script so that there is a fusion of the product concept and the ideas of the movie. I will develop very personal ideas, about the concept of Daredevil of Marvel, and my vision for this character. I have heard that is underway conducting a new film of this franchise, and I think it will be a good exercise in creativity. I will start to make a story board of scenes that describe a new direction for Daredevil, something like a trailer, but widespread. And of course, working on the concept for this project Air Ducts.