Honda ONe

1. making it round

from this point on everything went in a great, straight way. the schedule was quite tight, but i knew what i wanted/had to do:

… following up to the status from the midterm presentation:

i thought the removable textile saddle fit the needs of the targetmarket and usabilityprofile while being something excitingly new for this specific product.

i also believe it reflects the transparent approach in the designlanguage of my bike quite nicely: after we visited the EICMA motorcycle fair in milano with the projectteam. i was quite surprised how cheap even the most expensive bikes from mv agusta or bmw felt - mainly because of the overwhelming amount of plasticparts. which made these ugly squeeking noises when you moved them arround and sounded so hollow when you tapped them with your knuckles. i wanted my vehicle architecture to be more understandable: like seeing " aha, that frame arround the whole thing, connected to the solid alu mold part with the round grille-thingy which contains the drivetrain and holds everything together. the saddle is made of textile, it’s spanned over the frame, providing a soft seating surface - plus you could put and fix your helmet beneath it"

(i have to say here that in retrospect this aspect is not reflected in my final design as much as i thought at this point. i certainly have to take a few steps back styling, and detailing-wise.)