Honda ONe

1. the fun part

yay, sketching!
    at first it was quite a hassle to get into the drawing of motorcycles - so i was basically drawing a lot of current motorbikes, to get a feeling of the needed level of detailing, and the precision in terms of perspective and the level of realism. no wonder, of course, my first sketches for the project looked way too much like conventional bikes. But one could already see that i focused on framestructures, visible technical parts and rather supermoto-like silhouettes with traditional, comfy seating postures.

i realised that if i wanted to make something new, that would stand out from the competition in the urban mobility market, i needed to think of a more iconic first impression, whilst staying within a familiar context - to still be recognizable as an motorbike.
    so it was at this point that i, after quite some sketching without a satisfying result, switched the medium from pen and marker to painting in photoshop. which brought me to this here …

this would be the keysketch for the layout of my bike: an iconic frame arround a core, consisting of a battery compartment, and a saddlemount. visible technical parts and a supermoto-like silhouette. sporty/high-tech/performance attitude.