ID Portfolio Feedback

Hi Matt,

I think you’ve got a good frame work here to build on. For me I don’t want to see your page count go up, just to re-adjust what you have already.

Skoshbox kind of summed it up for me: “some ooomph” is needed across your portfolio. It feels very black and white and because of this little grabbed my attention.
A lot can be done graphically, take a look at some cool graphic and layout stuff on the web for inspiration. Think about icons or interesting graphic elements that can communicate your research and thinking effectively. Make stuff look cool!

There may also be a chance for you to explore some branding within your ‘Children’s Toy’ project, which for a kids project should SHOUT fun! I’d also try explain what type or play is this for? What learning stage? What benefits should the child (or parent) get from it? It wasn’t until I got a few pages in and saw the image of a girl speaking into it, I realised it was some kind of megaphone?

I’ve seen it done a lot, but personally I’m not a fan of a final product image used to introduce your project. This should be held back to ‘reveal’ the outcome of your project. How about one image that sums up your project? Park bench = people sitting together in a park. It could even be one of your research images?

Great start, I hope this helps, it would be great to see some improvements!