Sketch-Fu: Men's Footwear

Sketchbook pro.
#Tieyourlacesinfront.

Sick sketch plinus, very nice.
Found this old pen sketch I did a few years back… Exploration of a new Zoom Jasari concept. I thought it still showed some potential, so I resurrected it today with some sketchbook pro.

Thanks ppadilla for your comments :wink:
It’s a hyperfuse technology, so there is no stitch ahah ! I’m joking :wink:
Thanks for your advices !

I don’t know if I got the level to comments other creations of other peoples, but for your Zoom Jasari concept, like the shape and the idea to work on a running shoe. What a pitty we haven’t got a more realistic render ! :wink:

Hello.

All the posting has kept me rolling on my project. Thanks for the inspiration.

I’ll be back with more detail shots for later!

Thanks!

David.

First digital shoe sketch… about 15 min.

Just got my home studio all set up with a new desk and storage… so nice to have a proper space to throw down a quick sketch! First doodle: Prestez, kind of a mashup between a Nike Presto and a Cortez… with some Huarache thrown in. I couldn’t help it… :wink:

Clean sketch Michael! Really nice mix of elements and features from each of those shoes, fun exercise.
Here’s another sketchbook pro Jasari exploration. Experimenting with a blucher tongue construction for a smooth fit across the top of the foot and a clean, fast toe-down view while the athlete is wearing the product. Enjoy!

Hey guys, heres something i’ve been working on this semester. Let me know what you think

-Cheers

Girly walker sketch coloured with an intuos.
intuos%20sketch.jpg

Nice sketch wallflower.
Quick track spike sketch on my iPad today…
image.jpg

Cheers trackspike dude!

Liking that one Phil!

Nice Phil…getting hard to tell an iPad sketch from a “real” sketch these days… What app/stylus do you use?

R

Super sketch Ppadilla!
Sketchbook pro.

Thanks guys!
I’m using sketchbook pro for iPad with a rocketfish stylus. I was originally using a bamboo stylus by Wacom, but the rubber tip cracked severely after only a few weeks of use. Very disappointing for $40! So I just picked up the rocketfish stylus for only $16 and am very happy with it so far.

Plinus - I really like the shapes and color blocking you’ve got going on in that sole. Very fresh look! My sketch today was also inspired by some geometric forms…

@plinus : Love you sketch man. Especially the architectural sole ! Look like an element of construction of a bridge and I love it !
I also like the “rough” aspect of this sketch with all your dynamic lines etc :wink:
Keep up the good work :wink:

Plinus : In love with the heel unit of that kick. I am not a fan of the upper as it doesnt really go well with the sole design. But thats just my opinion. Could be very well wrong. Neverthless fun geometry!

Churned this out before taking a power nap. Sketchbook pro.

Phil, what brush on sketchbook pro are you using? Are you using the marker or the airbrush or the pen etc. I am having trouble just filling the color in I shy away from digital I’m more analog but I have to get better.

Jason - for my color blocking I use the paint brush. I fill in the color a bit past the sketch line work (on a separate layer of course) and then erase as needed. Hope that helps.

Boot sketch for today… Classic red laces with some added stitch detail on the upper.

Dang Phil, you are on a serious roll!