High school student portfolio

Looks like the blue pencil sketches are working out for you. Don’t be afraid to really burn in some contrast with the pencils. It gets a little ghostly in spots. A little of that is good toward the rear wheel to accentuate length, but you want to really have sharp contrast in the front fender and wheel. Right now the proportion looks very much the size of a CRV. A lower angle will create drama and make it feel bigger. Would also like to see some detail variation on the headlamps and how you are trimming the lower front bumper. The leading edge of your windshield looks wider than your overall front fascia. I’d like to see some head on sketches the develop the DRG (Down Road Graphic) more fully. The form language is very angular Cadillac in the front, then very soft and folded in the side similar to the kind of sculpting Hyundai is doing, and the DLO (Day Light Opening, or window shapes) feel a bit Japanese. I think you can bring these together more.

I really appreciate the feedback, I’ve been waiting to hear what I need to fix!

As far as the different styles you see in it, I am working on bringing them all together like you said.
I don’t want to rush this and it turn out bad but I also need to try to develop it quickly because I do have that other big project I mentioned that I need to start on!

Thanks again Yo!

This will probably be my finalized front.
Comments welcome

also, should I do the final renderings in marker or photoshop, I would like to use this for my portfolio…

Working on the cover image for the project, just wanted to get opinions on the layout

With logo in the corner or not?

Logo in the corner for sure.

Wow… you have come a long ways! I can’t wait till you actually get into school, you are gonna kill it :smiley:

Which font layout works best?

Thanks man!!

Curious what the reason for having the side view look like it’s under shadow.

Hey, it’s actually a blueprint of the current SRX compared to my new design

well i figured thats what the grey lines were. I’m curious what other people think, but for me, for a “cover page” it feels a little to dark doesn’t really pop out at you and make you want to see the rest.

Hi everyone,

Just to fill everyone in, sorry I haven’t posted on here in while. I’m currently working on: building a website, designing t-shirts, finalizing the cadillac project, developing a new project, painting, school work and a job.

I am busy! But, I am trying hard to knock some of these out!

This is a painting I recently finished, I know it’s not design related or what not, but this is just a look at some other art I do. Let me know what you think! Acrylic on 20x16 canvas.

Beautiful work, was that done en plein air or from photo reference.

I wish plein air, but this is from a photo, thanks!

Hi guys, sorry I have been so distant lately. I have been busy!

Hope everyone had a good holidays. Anyways here is a cadillac rendering. I’m doing some tutoring now and I am starting this whole project over from the ground up. This would have been a final rendering if I were to of finalized that direction. I should have more stuff on the new one up soon!

Nice sketch Mason.

Pretty bad how often I do not post… I have been so unproductive and I don’t know what to do… :blush:

heres a quick jeep

Sketching caddys

just practice

the tone and color values on that blue Jeep sketch are nice Mason. I missed that one, I think because this is in the portfolio section and it seems like maybe it should be in the sketching or projects forum?

I agree, I will start a sketching thread soon. Thanks!