"Style does not fit" rejection

You should share with us exactly what it was you showed in your interviews, that way we can best gauge their response.

Based on what you have already shared with us I can offer the following advice.

Show context, I know you’re still working on your portfolio, pick one project, flush it out in full context, move on to the next one until you have a full body of work in full context.

Ditch any and all “practice” marker renderings and never let them see the light of day in your portfolio. You have some marker renderings that are clearly from classroom exercises/assignments. I am referring specifically to the page with the tape recorder, pencil sharpener, etc. This isn’t design, it is illustration, illustration is a skill, highlight how you use that skill to communicate your own ideas and concepts, in doing that it will be clear that you have the skill and know how to apply it.

I see where you are going with the watch concepting and where you are drawing your inspiration from. Hand sketching is important, marker rendering not so much. If you have 3d or Photoshop renderings you need to show this skillset, it is the expected illustration medium required for most ID positions and may very well be where the style comments are coming from.